I whip web sites into submission, but I'm nice to everyone else.
Why use a designer?
Without a web designer, your experience could look like this:
- Reading online tutorials about HTML and web development: 40 hours
- Purchasing web development and graphics software: $300-$1000 / 5 hours of research
- Purchasing books about web development and graphics: $20 / 2 hours at the bookstore
- Building your first basic web page: 3 hours
- Building your first basic web site: 20 hours
- Unsuccessfully trying to figure out how to do that "cool thing you saw on so-and-so's web site": 40 hours
- Purchasing a web site template to try to start from that: $80 / 3 hours of browsing
- And you haven't even hit ecommerce, dynamic content, and other bells and whistles...
With my experience in web design and development, you'll get:
- Professional design for your site
- The knowledge of what works and what doesn't on the web
- Well-structured navigation
- Clean, fast-loading code
- Practical experience with different features and technologies like ecommerce, dynamic content, and Flash
- A site that doesn't break your budget
View my rates >>
View my other work >>
Author of The Photoshop Anthology, published by SitePoint.com
- Director of Design & Development at Advantrics from 2000-2004
- Created over 400 web site template designs
- Authored web site development tutorials and articles for PixelMill and John Galt's Templates
- Published on SitePoint.com
- Learn more...
From the blog...